Tuesday, December 8, 2009

How To Build A Wooden Swing Set Building A Wooden Swing Set.Pros'/Con's Of-Carriage Bolts Vs. Nails..Pressure Treated Vs. Kiln Dry Wood.HELP..

Building a wooden swing set.Pros'/Con's of-Carriage bolts vs. Nails..Pressure Treated vs. Kiln Dry wood.HELP.. - how to build a wooden swing set

I build a wooden play structure / swing. It is more than 5 square meters, "the slide, ladder, rock wall and canopy. (Madera) normal rate. You also have the 4x6 beams to the team that changes is supported by 2-3, etc. .. Supported by a narrow FIG.
MY QUESTIONS ....
I use products like 4x4, 2x8 is smaller (Sandbox) 2x4/2x6 rest ..
Carriage bolts CALLS TO 60 5 / 16 "x5" (electrically) ... Co-Wrker said that I can use 16 d nails (galvanized)?
ALL PRO / CONS ??........... On the nails vs screws' s
ALL PRO / CON pressure treated kiln dried lumber ...
sp
I will use the structure PTfor / Fort = 4x4x8, 4x6x10 and swing width = A-frame, and finally ... .. But the rest?
BALTIMORE AREA IS .. Hot / humid summers of the cold snow?-Winter ... dpt with H.. for the supply of wood?

ANY HELP / ADVICE / LEADS would be nice!
Thanks .. .. GO O

7 comments:

DIY Doc said...

As mentioned above, NO NAILS, regardless of the type or previous treatments, the need for exterior wood processing in a new reg. Intervals. Reds seem very wooden to me guy if spruce or pine. It could even be extended to other connection or TREX

Nails can not increase and only the domain structure / layer, etc. over time.

The description sounds great, and no matter where you buy wood, I chose the pieces by hand every day.


Steven Wolf
Also known as: Doctor Deck
Just my 2 "sense"

wazat said...

Do not use nails.
They "shimmy" away and cause danger.
Last Bolts.
I use pressure-treated polyurethane finish.

eagle said...

I want to use nails and screws, depending on demand. For the media, which measures the swing, the use of carts screws that can be supported initially, however, hang with a nail. For bedding I would like to use as nails. However, all the nails for the money or open ring grip on its development must be prevented. Carriage bolts should be used where power needs the support and security. The wood must be treated. Good luck.

wolf1210... said...

for everything that bears the weight and under constant abuse you need to use the carriage bolts, they want to work for nothing. I will also pressure-treated wood. The new treated wood is treated with sodium (I do not remember the word now in the life of me), is the substance, salt, instead of being treated with arsenic. However, eye protection is a good idea if you cut the salt, as it burns like crazy when it reaches the eye.

NONAME said...

Use screws Carrage and pressure-treated wood
I built a swing with them is 94, my son fell on her. We dismounted and to my brothers and their children, yet the framework has always moved amendments to origonly outasted hunng

David F said...

Screws to allow disassembly and relocation to a new place and can be easily checked every year, and then drag it if necessary.

Pressure treated is usually green, and contains arsenic. Respiratory protection when cutting, and I want my children to touch it, breathe it after the fact.

I built a team that won last year, "rainbowplay.com mentioning their website:
---
Cedar, Redwood, and Cunninghamia are naturally resistant to decay, which means they must be treated with potentially toxic chemicals, which are to last for years abroad.
---

I live near Toronto so hot, humid summers and a couple of feet of snow in the winter. Fort is good.

NSA said...

Do not use nails, they will loosen.

Stick with the carriage bolts. A bit of Loc-tite it should prevent from pulling out. And even if they do, only worse.

The pressure-treated wood is resistant to weathering.

Post a Comment